Saturday, November 1, 2008

29 Candles, 29 Weeks

Adrian celebrated his 29th birthday today. Yep, he was almost a Halloween baby. :)

I spent the morning swapping out Halloween decor for Thanksgiving stuff, and baking his cake. Which was an epic fail.

Not only did I break the cake flipping it out, but I suck at icing cakes, and poor planning/spacing made for some ridiculous "decorating". Never ask me to make a cake for you. I am HORRIBLE at it!

One of the interesting things I learned (or maybe I knew it before, but just never noticed), is that it's really hard to find a single box of candles with at least 29 candles in it! I did get one with 36, but they were tiny and very plain. Apparently old people must like short, plain candles.

The cake put off a lot of flames:



Blowing out the candles. Xavier told us that when you blow out the candles on your birthday cake, however many are left still lit are the number of girlfriends you'll have. Adrian could have 2, but he decided he already has too many women in his life, LOL.



Orian is such a happy guy.



Isabella liked the icing.



Adrian got lunch at Pluckers (wing place) and Fall Out 3 (video game) for his birthday. The boys made cards for him too.



Old Navy is moving to Harker Heights, so the normal sale they have going was + 30% off. I got a nice little dress for Dahlia and jammies for both girls for cheap. Isabella likes her new jammies because they have "meow-meows" and butterflies on them!



And finally, I didn't take a 29 week picture on Thursday, so here's me at 29w2d with baby number 4.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow Brandie! I can't believe how close we are to meeting Dahlia! Close, yet still kind of far...

I think your cake looks good. Anything that doesn't go right you should just blame on the belly getting in your way. ;)

Tell Adrian Happy Birthday for us! In our sickly state, neither of us remembered yesterday, but we thought about it this morning.

We love y'all and can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Anonymous said...

What in the heck are those caramel apples doing on your counter? If those were at my house, they would have been gone looooong ago! Eat them...Dahlia needs the fruit servings!