Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sick House

I feel like I haven't posted in forever, but we have all been sick. The boys had a cold briefly last week but then Isabella and I caught it. Adrian had it for a few days over the long weekend (bummer), but he's all better now.

Me and Isabella, though...still sick.

She was miserable for days. Snotty nose, grouchy, coughing. Today she is just well enough to be a PITA. On the plus side, she peed in the potty today. On the downside, she dropped a poo on the floor when she unexpectedly whipped her diaper off.

I have been ill, ill, ill. It feels like sinuses, and a cold, and allergies, and lung crud all in one. I can tell I'm getting better but it's just taking soooo long.

Isabella keeps trying to nurse and she can't because she can't breathe. It's very sad. And especially sad for me because I have to humor her for the time it takes for her to realize that it just ain't happening.

I don't think she'll wean before Dahlia gets here, so looks like I will be tandem nursing. I have a feeling I'm going to be very annoyed from being over-touched. And I can just see Isabella getting territorial about it, LOL.

She loves to tell her brothers "Shoo! Shoo! Away!" and "I busy!" Poor Dahlia is going to be minding her own business nursing as newborn is entitled to do, and Isabella is going to come bounding up, knock her out of my arms and tell her, "Shoo! I busy!"

So, I haven't done laundry in nearly a week. Just a load here and there. Not enough to keep things from hitting critical mass.

Adrian has been doing the dishes and cooking as well. I'm pretty impressed with him. He made a potato soup with red bell peppers, garlic, and onions tonight and it was really good.

The boys have been pretty helpful since they know how rotten I feel.

Catching up on housework is going to be difficult, though. Adrian and the boys have kept up with the normal "surface" maintenance stuff like picking up and vacuuming, and I have tried to pick up as I feel up to it, but there's a lot of scrubbing that needs to be done.

I'm sure my house is cram packed with sick people germs right now.

The boys are busy compiling their Christmas lists. I am trying to prepare them for the shock of getting like 1 game and then a few other less expensive things. Games are just so expensive, but then again, that's what they will use the most. If we get them a lot of less expensive toys, they won't get played with since they've mostly grown past that. Orian does like to play with toy swords and guns, though, haha. As does Isabella...she says, "Chop, chop!"

I got her a big kitchen playset from someone on CL the other day for $30. It's in like-new shape and very clean. Great bargain! That will be her big gift.

I haven't been good about keeping track of the Christmas fund. I have forgotten how much I have tucked away. It's grown, but I will have to look later and see how much is there. I also got the refund today for my contacts, so there's $30. Nice. :)

When I feel better I have several things to sell on CL and of course, doing it around payday is good because people are more spendy then. I have some writing money I need to withdraw for the Christmas fund and more work that I'm doing now that should contribute nicely.

Of course, I also need to be saving for my doula expense, so I'll have to figure out how much I want to set aside for Christmas and then start putting everything beyond that away to pay for my doula.

What else? I don't know if I posted this, but we spray painted our dishwasher black. LOL. It's the poor man's appliance upgrade. It looks fine so long as you view it in low-light.

An unexpected side effect was a black floor after all the particles in the air settled, but that's mostly scrubbed up. I wanted new flooring anyways. HAHAHA.

I have several fall crafts I want to do but have just been feeling way too rotten to get started on them. Maybe this coming weekend.

I guess I'm entitled to be random since this is my blog, so I'll share a couple of funnies...

Isabella is really into counting, although her consistency in counting correctly is somewhat lacking. We were surprised and laughed really hard when I asked her the other day, "Aww, are you sick, baby?" and she told me, "No. I sefen." LOL!

She also blessed me this morning when I sneezed! Her vocabulary has exploded recently and she is speaking in sentences more and more.

And here's my funny from probably a month ago. I took Xavier with me to go to Wal-Mart to pick up some staples and we saw an obviously homeless man on the corner at the stoplight selling newspapers.

Xavier said, "That doesn't look like a very fun job."

I said, "At least he gets to work from home."

We both LOL'ed at my genius comment.

I feel like one of those lame people who sends their stupid quotes in to Readers Digest, but dammit, that really was funny!

Ok, gotta go switch out the laundry. The boys are down to 1 and a half days of clean school clothes left!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

You are too funny. I hope you feel better soon. Way to go on still nursing. I don't know how you do it... and with a belly. I may need a diagram

Skull Jockey said...

Working from home...that's good! : )

Sorry you and Isabella are still sick, I hope it passes soon!

That's a great way to get a new looking dishwasher! That's awesome!

We are looking forward to seeing you guys!