Thursday, October 9, 2008

Oh, Fudge!

Well, today I am 26 weeks pregnant (I lied to some friends and said I would be 27 weeks today. D'oh! Pregnancy brain!). 98 days until my due date.

It seems like just a couple days ago that I got an unexpected positive test. This is my fastest pregnancy yet, I think. Of course it could be that I have so much going on. I don't have a lot of time to sit and ponder pregnancy.

I remember when I was pregnant with Orian and Xavier was in pre-school I would scour the house and have it spotless in like an hour, and then I would have NOTHING to do. In those days we didn't have cable or internet, either. I finally bought a bunch of beads and started making necklaces and bracelets, haha.

The days seem to be just passing by so quickly now. My kids are growing up so quickly.

Here's my 26 week pic. If I had realized there were so many smudges on the mirror I would have cleaned it before taking a picture, but now I'm just too tired and lazy to re-take a picture, so just pretend it's not there.



I weighed myself this morning, and my home scale has me at 2 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight. I don't *feel* smaller, but I have not been eating nearly as much lately and I wondered if I might be losing weight. I don't think I've lost a ton because the scale at the dr's office always weighs me heavier than my home scale. Maybe by 3-5 lbs. I may have lost like 4 lbs or so. Or not. I guess I'll find out for certain on the 28th. Or is it the 29th?

I made some fudge the other day and Isabella has gotten into the habit of moving dining room chairs into the kitchen to get into stuff. We thought she was quiet...



She is such a mess! Here's a pic of her wearing the Halloween outfit. She wore it to Bumble Bee Book Club yesterday. And BBBC was great, in her opinion, because they had CAKE!!



You can't see it in the pic, but I had bought her some Halloween socks at Target (a buck a pair!) and she had on bright orange socks that looked so cute with her black mary janes!

Last weekend we got Sonic drinks (Happy Hour, woohoo!) and she spilled a bright red slushie all over herself and her car seat. I actually got the stains out of her outfit and the car seat cover and got it all cleaned up, but it took a while for the foam mat that goes under the car seat cover to dry completely, so her car seat has been sitting in the living room.

She LOVES that. She hates her car seat in the car, but she loves to sit in it inside the house. I put it away yesterday because it's so bulky and gets in the way. She was not happy. Especially since she knew where I put it:



The Christmas fund is coming along nicely. I'm up to $265! My goal is $450 to $500. I think I will get there.

We are also putting ourselves on a really tight budget to try to get our finances back in order. It's actually been going well so far. It kind of sucks, haha, but it doesn't seem impossible yet.

I really wanted to order pizza last night instead of cooking, but I cooked anyways! Major victory!

1 comment:

Dana said...

I bet you could make a ton of money selling those cute outfits!