Monday, October 6, 2008

Paper Christmas, Grosgrain Halloween

I have been b-u-s-y! I decided I want to pay cash for Christmas, so I have been working my ass off selling things on CL, and doing some writing/editing projects (thanks, Jeremy!) as well as all the normal mommy and housewife things I have to do. Doesn't sound like much, but trust me, I could spend every waking hour working and never *really* be finished!

I think I am going to keep track of my Christmas fund on here, just for fun. I don't think it's going to be possible to save up enough to have the kind of Christmas we're used to since I'm just now starting, but I think it will feel GREAT to pay cash for everything! We will just have to be smart about gifts. It might even be fun to do it this way!

Since Thursday I've earned/brought in $125 (edit: Make that $150!). I am going to add a couple rebates (I overpaid a bill and have a check for that that I need to cash, and I have a rebate for my contacts) to that. That's about $60. But I guess I shouldn't count those until they're in-hand.




Get Myspace Christmas Countdown



I've got 79 days to make some $$!!

This weekend I also worked on another outfit for Isabella. I have a few different ones I want to do for Halloween, and it's already October, so I figured I needed to get started.

It's far from perfect, but I think this one is an improvement over the Thanksgiving Abomination (official name for the outfit). It's all stitched up and was a lot quicker project than the T.A. The top has a spiderweb but the camera didn't pick that up.

The t-shirt was $5.99 at Target, and the jeans are 2nd hand Old Navy jeans I got for $5. Probably under $5 in ribbon, fabric, paint, thread, etc. So, $16?





I think it looks cuter IRL than in the pics, but the real test is how it looks on. Isabella is going to wear it to Bumble Bee Book Club on Wednesday.

I really want to do an embellishment project with the fabric and sewing but I don't have the skills or tools to do something like that. Maybe someday.

Isabella is so cute today (in her $3 dress!) that I had to post a pic:

7 comments:

Braeden said...

*Darth Vader voice*

Your skills with embellishment are growing . . . give in to the the dark side of embellishment. ;)

Brandie said...

Thanks, Ouroboros! It does feel a little evil!

Anonymous said...

I love the halloween shirt/jeans. Very cute! The ribbon around the bottom and on the back pockets is adorable!

You should make a couple more of those and sell them on ebay.

Brandie said...

Aww, thanks Lindy! I do think it's an improvement!

I would have to get soooo much better to sell them on ebay. I would get negative feedback, LOL!

Jenny said...

I love that idea. I think I should try it too (cash for Christmas)!

Skull Jockey said...

She is so cute! Great job! I am glad the writing thing is working for you! (I'll be expecting a great x-mas gift!) : ) JK

Brandie said...

Jenny: I think more and more people are going to be doing this because of how iffy the economy is.

I wish I had been doing that all along!

Jeremy: Thanks!

I haven't had an assignment since Monday and I'm getting antsy, LOL.

I'll make you a ribbons and paint jean and t-shirt set for Christmas. Hahahahhaa. Maybe I'll paint a giant Santa Claus right across the ass.

I'm cracking myself up here!