Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tree-Turdy

I'm saving this one to tell to Isabella's prospective beaus.

Yesterday I was in the garage switching out the laundry as I am known to do, and when I returned inside I heard muffled little pleas for help coming from somewhere in the house.

I asked the boys, "Where's your sister?"

They were having a snack and shrugged, "I dunno" and continued eating. I insisted that they stop stuffing their gobs and help me look for her. I panicked, thinking she was outside alone (she gets bug bites every time she goes outside!), but nope, I had been a good mommy and remembered to lock the sliding glass door.

Maybe my bedroom? No.

The mud room? No again.

The boys ran upstairs to look just as I realized where the little muffled sounds were coming from...

I opened the pantry door, and there was my daughter, naked as the day she was born. She was clutching 3 boxes of food and seemed happy to have been discovered.

And she made me a surprise.

On the floor laid the most perfect little mini-turd ever to escape a toddler's butt. It was freaking nasty.

She said, "Wipe, please! Ewwww. Gwoss!"

Eww, gwoss indeed.

As a mom, I have to clean up a lot of really gross, disturbing things. And honestly, this one doesn't rank all that high up there. But the shocking site of my little naked toddler hoarding her food boxes with a little turd laying politely on the floor at her feet will stay with me for a loooong time.

4 comments:

Braeden said...

That's the funniest visual I've had in days.

Gwoss is right. LOL

Skull Jockey said...

That is hilarious! I literally can't stop lol-ing!

Amy H. said...

lolz - please tell me you took a picture. gwoss - isn't being a mommy fun. :)

Amanda said...

Oh no! Our pretty little girl is spending WAY too much time with her brothers! Save her before it's too late!! :)