Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Riddle Time: What's Black and Yellow and Noisy?

Answer A:

Our new (to us!) car, given to us by our wonderful, generous friends, Matt and Dana! I had mentioned the difficulty of only having one vehicle, and Dana offered us car. How cool is that?!

It's a bright yellow Ford Aspire with black flames on the sides (which Matt assured me, do not add to the speed of the vehicle). It's a stick-shift, which Adrian is still learning to master (hence, the noise!), but it is going to be such a life-saver when we get it incorporated into our routine.

I will get to go to the grocery store during the day! Woohoo!!!

Thank you SOOOOO much, Matt and Dana!!



Answer B:

A bumble bee, as in Bumble Bee Book Club!

BBC is going to be meeting weekly, and I am looking forward to our little outings, even if Isabella behaves like babyzilla.

She's actually not THAT bad, but she is more interested in exploring the room than in gluing and sitting quietly. LOL. We got to make a fun paper doll, sing songs, and read a neat book.







I had a prenatal check up yesterday, and it went pretty great and pretty quick. When I got into the waiting room a guy beside me complained to his wife that their appointment had been at 12:30 and it was already 1:30.

Imagine my surprise when I had been seen and was out the door 10 minutes after my scheduled appointment time.

I have gained about 7 lbs at almost 25 weeks, and this was in jeans and after a big meal. I am not happy with my weight, but I don't think my pregnancy weight gain has been bad. It could be less, but it's not outrageous. 15 or so weeks left, so a half a lb a week gain would put me around the 15 lb weight gain goal for the pregnancy. We'll see!

My BP was 122/78, and I was happy about that! Dahlia's heart rate was a healthy 140 and my fundus measured 24 cm, so right on target.

Here's me doing MySpace from-a-high-angle photos before my appointment since I actually had make-up on, LOL. I know, I know, I'm too cool for school.

-- Serious --



-- Happy --



Ah, the many moods of Brandie's MySpace-esque photography!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I am glad you had a stress free/drama free doc appt. Finally! Only 7 pounds!?!? I think I gained that before I peed on the stick.

I love Izzy's black and white dress. She is the best dressed baby I know!

The flames make the car look super fast. LOL. Hopefully Adrian will figure out how to use the clutch soon, and you can be galavanting around Killeen all day. :)

Brandie said...

Lindy: Can I just say I love having you comment on my blog? I so do!

Yeah, this appointment was a breeze. Nice!

I was really surprised that it was only 7 lbs. I expected it to be worse because I feel like I really look super fat!

You can't see in the pic, but Isabella had little black capri leggings and black mary janes on too. I love dressing her!

And we get to do hand-me-downs, woohoo!

I like the flames. And the yellow of the car helps me find my house. Hehe.

I am excited about being able to run errands while Adrian's at work and the boys are at school. Much easier, I think.

Anonymous said...

Hehe. I am a blog stalker. blogker? stloger?

I forgot to mention you are hot as usual in your pics. And I love Izzy's nametag. It looks like it should be on her kindergarten desk!

Brandie said...

Thanks, Lindy! I have to memorialize being made up because it's such a rare event. LOL.

Re: Izzy's name tag. You'll notice her pic on the side...all the other kids wore the bumblebee hats they made and smiled for their pics.

Isabella wouldn't have ANY of it. She was shooting eye darts at the camera.

JAPierce said...

What are you going to name the car?

Amanda said...

Hey Bran! Thanks for the update and pictures. I'm glad you and Izzy enjoyed the Bumble Bee club.

The car is hilarious!! It is so NOT you guys!! Oh well, I am really happy for you.

What's a fundus??

Amy H. said...

I think you should name the car bumblebee. How sweet of them to give you a car. It will be so nice getting out during the day wihtout taking the whole gang.

I also have learned the up high myspace angle. It's brilliant. Whenever I have a photo where I look like a chunky butt (you know accurate and realistic) I blame it on a bad angle - ha ha. But seriously I have been walking and I diet maybe three or four days a week. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be melting the fat off my body but maybe this week I will diet for five days and by next Sunday I will be skinny.

Brandie said...

Jeremy: I don't name cars, LOL. I'm a chick.

Amanda: It's your uterus, hehe. Fundal height is where the top of your uterus can be felt in your abdomen. From about the midpoint of pregnancy on the height in cms is roughly equal to the week of pregnancy you're in. From about 20 to 36 weeks that works, for the most part. It's not exact, though.

Amy: Bumble Bee...brilliant!

It really will be nice to run errands during the day when I don't have everyone in tow.

LOL, a great photo trick I learned from Dana is to stick your neck/chin more out when you're having your pic taken. It really works. I have such a double chin, LOL, and I can keep it from showing up in pics that way. LMAO.

I thought you looked great when I saw you summer before last. You are curvy in a good way, Amy!